minutes 21st Feb 2018
Prospective All Party Parliamentary Group on Land Value Capture
Reconvened inaugural Meeting
Venue: Room Q, Portcullis House, 1st Floor
Date and Time: 21 February, 2018 1-2PM
1. Welcome – Joe Bourke
Kevin Hollinrake MP (Con)
Caroline Lucas MP (Green)
David Drew MP (Lab)
Nick Dakin MP (Lab)
Anne-Marie Trevelyan (Con)
3. Apologies – Sir Vince Cable MP, Sir Ed Davey MP, Stephen Lloyd MP, Lord Fox
4. Admission of Members and election of officers:
Membership includes the following:
MPs - Sir Vince Cable MP, Richard Bacon MP, Ruth Cadbury MP, Caroline Lucas MP, Sir Ed Davey MP, Kelvin Hopkins MP, Nick Boles MP, Chris Williamson MP, Stephen Lloyd MP. Tony Lloyd MP, David Drew MP and Kevin Hollinrake MP
Peers - Lord Fox, Lord Taylor of Goss Moor, Baroness Alison Suttie, Baroness Jenny Jones, Sir William Wallace of Saltaire.
B. Officers elected as follows
Chair and Registered Contact – Sir Vince Cable
Richard Bacon MP, Ruth Cadbury MP, Caroline Lucas MP
Ed Davey MP and Kevin Hollinrake MP.
5. Minutes of organisational meeting held 4th December, 2017 - approved
6. Review of Call for evidence and accompanying briefing papers on Land Value Capture and Mayor’s Conference - approved
7. Agreement of Topics for next and future meetings
A Next Meeting: 1st Oral evidence Session – Wednesday, 21 March, 2018 room P, PCH from 2pm – Topic City Mayors Conference on Land Value Capture
B 2nd Oral evidence Session, May 2018. – Topic 1961 Land Compensation Act, compulsory purchase and community land auctions.
C 3rd Oral evidence Session – June, 2018.Topic: economic efficiency, fiscal stability and inter-generational equity of shifting tax from income to assets – property and land
D Report of findings – Move forward to September 2018
(Note: Preferred time for APPG meetings – Monday or Tuesday afternoon).
8. Consideration of The Communities and Local Government Committee (CLG) inquiry into the effectiveness of current land value capture methods and the need for new ways of capturing any uplift in the value of land associated with the granting of planning permission or nearby infrastructure improvements and other factors. Kevin Hollinrake is a member of the Committee and he will liaise with the Committee on behalf of the APPG.
9. Any Other Business - none